Come, sable night (John Ward)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-03-01). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 110 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Diana Thompson (submitted 2007-01-01). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 108 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes piano reduction for rehearsal
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 11 pages, 115 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 78 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Come, sable night
Composer: John Ward
Original text and translations
Come, sable night, put on thy mourning stole,
and help Amyntas sadly to condole.
Behold, the sun hath shut his golden eye,
the day is spent, and shades fair lights supply.
All things in sweet repose their labours close;
Only Amyntas wastes his hours in wailing,
whilst all his hopes do faint, and life is failing.