How merrily we live (Michael East)
- Editor: Monique Rio (submitted 2017-01-17). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 258 kB Copyright: CC BY 4.0
- Edition notes:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-08-15). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 42 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #11129. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. MusicXML source file is in compressed .mxl format.
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2011-07-10). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 60 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: TTB and SSA PDFs available. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download.
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2011-07-10). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 71 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: 'Warley Camp' version for TTB. In the last quarter of the eighteenth century it was fashionable to revive the works of the early Jacobean madrigalists for use in afterpieces and other entertainments. Ravenscroft and Morley were frequent targets, but in this instance John Arnold, "Philo-Harmoniae, Organist of Great-Warley, Essex", has quarried Michael East's three part glee. The words have been given a local topicality, the harmonies have been simplified and the final bars have been reworked to produce a fashionable Da Capo format. It is possible that this version was fashioned for use during the king and queen's two-day military review at Warley Camp, 1778, commemorated in paintings by de Loutherbourg. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-02-28). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 26 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Bettina Blokland (submitted 2003-11-06). Score information: A4, 2 pages Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Files recovered using http://archive.org
- Editor: Stuart McIntosh (submitted 2001-04-22). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 40 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: How merrily we live
Composer: Michael East
Description: #4 of 'Second Set of Madrigals', publ. 1606.
Original text and translations
How merrily we live that shepherds be,
Que nous vivons heureux d'être bergers