Missa Cantate Domino (Giovanni Matteo Asola)
- Editor: William Evans (submitted 2019-07-14). Score information: A4, 51 pages, 2.28 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The vocal ranges of the ‘primi chori’ in the source are generally much lower so I have presented them here as SATB 2 and the ‘secundi chori’ with higher ranges as SATB 1. Original key and note values. Tempo markings, musica ficta above notes and cautionary accidentals are editorial.
- Tenor 1 could be sung by Alto
- Soprano 2 is a mezzo part
- Alto 2 is very low, ideal for falsettists
- Tenor 2 could be sung by Baritone
Title: Missa Cantate Domino
Composer: Giovanni Matteo Asola
First published: 1588
Description: Transcribed from Missae Tres Octonis Vocibus Liber Primus D. Io. Matthaeo Asula Veron. Auctore. Nunc primum in lucem editae. Cum Privilegio. Venetiis, 1588. Apud Ricciardum Amadinum.
External websites: http://www.bibliotecamusica.it/cmbm/scripts/gaspari/scheda.asp?id=3316
Original text and translations
For information, refer to the Mass page. For texts and translations, see the individual pages: